In case you have misplaced your Singapore citizenship certificate, or it has been damaged, don’t worry still have an option to request the replacement of the Singapore citizenship certificate. Here in this article, you will get complete details about how you can request the replacement of a lost or damaged citizenship certificate.
However, if you are a Singapore identity cardholder and wish to update the particular or replace the damaged IC, then you can Apply a Change of Particulars for/Damage of the Identity Card. For further information, you can check our article on it.
What is a Singapore citizenship certificate?
Singapore citizenship certificate is a document that proves that you are a lawful Singapore citizen and are eligible for all the Singapore rights and benefits that Singapore citizen by birth receives.
Get Fast & Accurate official notarization for ICA, MOM, MFA.
Only Singapore citizens can request for replacement of citizenship certificates whose certificate has been lost or damaged.
You can apply for a Singapore citizenship certificate in person.
Apply in person (from within Singapore)
- Applicants will be required to visit the necessary ICA Centre to file the application in person for replacement of the Singapore citizenship certificate. Office details are as follows:
Registry of Citizens
Citizen Services Centre
10 Kallang Road, Level 6 (next to Lavender MRT station)
- After that, applicants will require to collect the necessary form from the office.
- The applicants will require to fill the form and ensure that they have a list of required documents ready.
The list of documents that you require to attach while submitting the application for the replacement of citizenship certificate:
- You must have the Singapore identity card with you.
- For your birth certificate, ensure that you have both the original document and photocopy of it.
- You have to submit the passport-sized colored photograph. Ensure that the photographs that you submit while filling the application should be recent and must be taken within the last three months.
- For further information about the photograph, refer to photos guidelines at the immigration and checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
- You should also have the written letter requesting for replacement of a citizenship certificate that was lost or damaged.
- You are also required to submit a complete statutory declaration which you can find in the registry of citizens, Citizen Services Centre in ICA Building.
Make sure that all the documents are in English. If you are facing any trouble while getting certified translation services in Singapore. Don’t worry you can get access to best documents translation service at Singapore translators.
- Once you have completed the form, then you will require to attach the list of required documents.
- Before making the final submission of the form, ensure to cross-check all the information you have provided and then submit it to the concerned authority.
- The other steps to complete the process by paying the processing fee.
- Once you have paid the processing fee, you will be provided with a collection slip. Once your application is processed, the immigration and checkpoints Authority (ICA) will notify the applicant to collect the replacement certificate.
Ensure to carry the collection slip while going for collecting the replacement certificate.
Hire a Language translator for converting your legal & Other Documents.
Apply in person (from outside Singapore)
- If the applicants are currently not present in Singapore while requesting for replacement of a Singapore citizenship certificate, in that situation, they can request for replacement of certificate by visiting nearest Singapore overseas mission.
- By visiting the nearest embassy, you will require to file the application for the replacement of a citizenship certificate. The embassy will transfer your application to the immigration and checkpoints Authority (ICA) after you have completed the form.
- After completing the form, ensure that you have attached the list of required documents.
- Before submitting the completed application form to the concerned authority, it’s good to re-check all the information.
- After then you will be required to pay off the application processing fee.
- Then, the officer will check all the details and documents that you have provided with the application form and if everything is fine then they will issue you the receiving slip. Keep the slip safe with you while collecting the document you will require to take the slip with you.
Visiting hours of the ICA office from 8 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday to Fridays, excluding public holidays.
Note: Minors applying for a citizenship certificate need to visit the office along with their parent to collect the certificate.
The application processing fee that needs to be paid is S$20. You can only use NETS or Cash Card to pay the fees.
It will take up to 2 weeks to process the replacement request of your Singapore citizenship certificate.
Hire our certified translator for getting quality ICA translation services
The above-mentioned details in the article have covered everything that is necessary to apply for the replacement of a lost or damaged Singapore citizenship certificate. Read each detail and instruction given in the article to request the replacement.
At Singapore translators, we have a committed team of highly certified translators who offers you the best ICA Translation Services Singapore at reasonable rates. The thing that keeps us ahead of all other translation service providers is that our translators never compromise with the quality.