Any foreign individuals intending to get employed in Singapore need to apply for the Singapore work permit or other passes depending on the proficient skills and intention to contribute to Singapore.
Similarly, if foreign individuals intending to travel to Singapore to become a part of the short-term work assignment for up to 60 days, those individuals will be required to acquire the miscellaneous work pass. There are a number of conditions and eligibility criteria associated with the miscellaneous work pass application form. A miscellaneous work Pass in Singapore is for qualified foreigners for the short-term assignment such as speakers at a seminar, religious workers, or journalists. Many individuals are unaware of the process involved in applying for a miscellaneous work pass. Keep on reading the article to learn more about the miscellaneous work pass and essential things.
Table of Contents hide
Eligibility Criteria for Miscellaneous Work Pass
The miscellaneous work pass is especially for the eligible foreign nationals looking to be a part of short-term work assignments in Singapore, including religious workers, journalists, or seminars.
Who is eligible
You will only be eligible to apply for the miscellaneous work pass if you have met the following eligibility criteria:
- A foreign national basically involved in, but are not be restricted to conducting or organizing any conference, workshop, seminars, or gathering:
- Relating indirectly or directly to any religious nature or religion generally.
- Generally associated directly or indirectly with any community or race.
- Things related to the political and include contributing as a speaker, moderator, facilitator, or trainer.
Get Fast & Accurate official notarization for ICA, MOM, MFA.
- Only those foreign nationals will get eligible to apply for the miscellaneous work pass, which is the foreign religious worker talking related to any religion (directly or indirectly).
- Only those foreign nationals will get eligible to apply for miscellaneous work passes such as reporter, journalist, or accompanying crew member not sponsored or supported by any relevant Singapore government agency to manage the event or write a story in Singapore.
- However, that individual also gets eligible who are supported or sponsored by the Singapore-based society or organization.
Upon approval, Miscellaneous Work Pass allows the foreign nationals to take over the assignment of up to 60 days in Singapore.
Conditions of the Miscellaneous Work Pass
You need to keep in mind some of the conditions before applying for a miscellaneous work pass. Some of them are:
- In order to get yourself considered for a miscellaneous work pass, you need to be employed or sponsored by a Singapore-based society or organization.
- After getting approval for the miscellaneous work pass, you can stay and work in Singapore for a maximum of 60 days.
- You will only be granted to continue working at the location and date specified by your employer or sponsor sponsoring your miscellaneous work pass application.
- In case of any alteration to the event like change in the program, venue, outline, or the date. In that case, the concerned employees are required to update the ministry of manpower regarding changes at least one month beforehand.
- The miscellaneous work pass is non-renewable.
- Also, keep in mind that your employer or sponsoring person is not liable to pay the monthly levy on your behalf. Therefore, they are not addressed to quotas regarding the hiring of Miscellaneous Work Pass holders.
What are the Requirements for a Miscellaneous Work Pass?
When your concerned employer or sponsoring person filling a miscellaneous work passes application, they will be required to submit several supporting documents. Some of them are:
- Duly completed and signed miscellaneous work pass application form.
- A picture of the applicant. While uploading the picture, make sure that to follow the Singapore photo requirements. The photograph of the applicant needs to be affixed to the miscellaneous application form.
- The employer or sponsor is also required to submit a detailed outline or summary of the event.
- You need to submit the printout of the personal details page of the applicant’s valid passport.
- A printout of the updated business profile, registration papers, or the instant information of the organization sponsoring the applicant’s miscellaneous work pass. The sponsoring company or organization needs to be registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Note All the supporting documents that the employer or sponsoring company or organization needs to submit to sponsor miscellaneous work pass application needs to be in English. If the documents are not in English, then it is advised to get the translation of the foreign language documents and submit the original documents along with the translated one performed by the official translators.
How to Apply for a Miscellaneous Work Pass?
The concerned sponsor or employer in Singapore intending to sponsor the miscellaneous work pass application on behalf of the applicant must file the application two months prior to the scheduled travel date. It is not mandatory for the applicant to physically present in Singapore while the sponsor or employers submit the application or is being processed.
The applicant can only travel to Singapore upon the approval of the application.
Before employers or sponsoring persons submit the miscellaneous work pass application to get processed, the applicant will be required to write a letter of consent. The letter of consent will specify that the applicant agrees to the employer or sponsoring person to submit the miscellaneous work pass application on their behalf. This also indicates that the applicant agrees to get employed under them throughout the validity of the work pass.
Hire a Language translator for converting your legal & Other Documents.
While submitting the miscellaneous work pass application, the sponsoring person or employee will be asked to present the letter of consent issued by the applicant, which is done through the counter at the SingPost branch.
The application process involved in applying for miscellaneous work pass is mentioned below:
- The employer or the sponsoring person needs to download, complete and sign the miscellaneous work pass application form, which you can easily get on the Ministry of manpower’s official website.
- You are required to upload the necessary documents to support the work pass application.
- You are required to submit the application form and the required relevant documents over the counter at a SingPost branch (Singapore’s post offices).
- You need to pay the required application processing fee, i.e., $175, and keep the payment receipt with them, which is considered as the proof of payment processing.
- If the employer or the sponsoring person intends to apply for the miscellaneous work pass for more than one person, they are required to pay a separate fee for each pass.
- The estimated time to process the miscellaneous work pass application is about two months, which is why it is suggested to apply for the application in advance prior to the date of travel. However, the employer or sponsoring person can check the application status at the Ministry of manpower’s online application system within one week.
Once the miscellaneous work pass application gets approved, the approval letter will be sent to the email address of the person stated by the employer as a contact person in the email.
In addition to this, the applicant is also required to have Short Term Visit Pass, which will be issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) after the applicant arrives in Singapore. If the applicants are subjected to a Singapore visa, the applicant will then be required to apply for the Singapore Visa in order to continue travelling to Singapore in the first place.
Why must I get a foreigner’s written consent before applying for a work pass for them?
Being an employer or sponsoring person, you must receive written consent from the foreign nationals prior to the final submission of the miscellaneous work pass application form. This is done to protect the interest of both parties and avoid a dispute arising among them.
This is considered for all the needed renewal and applications for all types of work passes in Singapore.
Ministry of manpower considers the requirement of any documents to be the written consent if it is specified in a foreigner’s agreement to be employed by the concerned employer in Singapore. One of the examples of the mandatory written consent is the signed employment contract between the employer and the foreign employee.
There is no such particular format for the written consent. Still, verbal consent will not be considered valid proof that foreign nationals agree to work as an employee under the concerned employer.
In case foreign nationals do not agree to the work pass application that is being submitted to the Ministry of manpower on their behalf, then foreigners can approach the Ministry of manpower. MOM will then enquire the employer regarding the written consent and might take legal action if the valid consent is not presented with the application form.
Hire our professional translation for quality translation service
The above article has covered the complete details of applying for a miscellaneous work pass and the conditions associated with the potential employer or sponsor sponsoring your miscellaneous work passed application form. The information above has all the basic and essential terms to let you understand the miscellaneous work pass.
Besides this, if you seek a reputed translation agency in Singapore to translate your foreign language documents into English, then a professional team of Singapore translators has got you covered. At Singapore translator, our team believes in offering a rapid certified true copy translation. However, our translators translate the foreign language documents into English even without changing the context and tone of the written text.